How does L-arginine Lower Blood Pressure?
With all of the excitement that surrounds nitric oxide, I am frequently asked, do L-arginine and nitric oxide supplements work for lowering blood pressure? I am happy to report that unlike most over hyped supplements; L-arginine really does live up to all the hype and claims. There is a lot of excitement stemming from the new research showing that increased nitric oxide in the body can produce lowered blood pressure results in as little as 10-14 days.
Here is what I have found:
- In 1998 three American scientists won the Nobel Prize in medicine for discovering the role Nitric Oxide plays in the cardiovascular system and throughout the body.
- In 2002 Nitric Oxide (NO) was called the “Miracle Molecule”. Nitric Oxide was found to relax and enlarges blood vessels, which allows for greater blood flow. This is similar to a water hose that is no longer kinked and the water flows freely. Just think how much less the heart has to work to move blood throughout the body thereby reducing your body’s blood pressure.
- Many published studies have proven that L-arginine, a vital amino acid, triggers cell production of Nitric Oxide and that L-citrulline is metabolized in the body and yields more L-arginine, which in turn provides additional Nitric Oxide for longer periods of time.
- The production of Nitric Oxide through the use of L-arginine has real science behind it. We are not talking about an exotic fruit juice that supposedly has been used by some indigenous people on some island for hundreds of years and is now available for the first time to you
- Make sure the L-arginine formula you are using for blood pressure contains L-citrulline. L-citrulline acts like a catalyst when combined with L-arginine and extends the body’s production of nitric oxide from a three hour window to over twenty four hours. That way you can get the benefits of lowering your blood pressure you want around the clock, not just for three hours.
So What Should You Do Now?
First, if you are serious about really finding the best nitric oxide producing formula, go to www.l-arginine.com. It’s the product that I recommend to my clients and the best product I’ve found on the internet.
For best results I recommend people take it twice a day (myself included)
Dr. Timothy Page